SuccessFactors
www.successfactors.com South San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Place to Work but Rewards need to be better

Engineering Manager (Current Employee)
San Mateo, CA

ProsFast-paced and innovative technologies. This is a great place to explore and try out new things.

ConsThe biggest con is that while most people in Engineering are very happy with their jobs, they're more than aware of the disparity between executive compensation and bonuses and their own. For instance, the employees had to take a huge cut in bonuses the last couple of years, but the executives all received nice bonuses and equity grants. Maybe that's the Silicon Valley culture where ego rules, but we SUPPOSED to be a pay-for-performance culture, not "we-get-paid-for-your-performance" culture. Personally, I'd have no problem with the execs getting huge rewards if they shared the love themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive up to the pay-for-performance culture you say exists. It's not just for sales. The engineers need some love as well; after all, we're the ones making the products. And by the way, a pizza party for working our asses off for weeks on end just isn't going to cut it any longer. You need to know that most people are asking, "What's in it for me?" That could kill our innovation if you don't respond to that and quickly.

I'm Still Here & Reasonably Satisfied!

Boston, MA

I have been working at SuccessFactors

Pros: I still like my job. I've made good money. The company has been good to me.… Cons: I mind my own business. I'm successful and I work hard. I don't cheat my co-workers. Although upward mobility is limited for… Advice to Senior Management: Make mandatory for all new employees: Class 101 Making Lemonade… More

Looking Back - I made the right decision to leave.

Inside Sales (Former Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

I worked at SuccessFactors

Pros: I met some great people at SuccessFactors and still keep… Cons: I left SuccessFactors over two years ago, Only recently did I look back at SuccessFactors and found that there was a major turnover of… Advice to Senior Management: Learn from your mistakes before you lose the quality people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SuccessFactors.

Worked for SuccessFactors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SuccessFactors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SuccessFactors CEO Shawn Price. All reviews posted anonymously by SuccessFactors employees.