There are newer employer reviews for SuccessFactors

Used to be a great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SuccessFactors

Pros

A great place to work where ppl are friendly and collaborative. Management was transparent and everyone was clear about how they contributed to the overall growth and success of the company.

That was pre-IPO.

All I can say now is that the company continues to be successful in the market and against competitors. Collegues are great though.

Cons

Very little opportunities for technical growth locally. This is not a technology focused company. No real focus on technology advancements. Nor any impression that the company is going to invest in new technologies either.

Mid level management are useless. I have no confidence that management is looking out for my career growth.

Little to no communication from upper level about the direction of the company. Company is mostly investing in offshore engineering teams to meet wall street numbers.

Advice to Management

Any advice to management would just fall on deaf ears.

reviews filtered by

completely depends on your module team & the engg leaders u work for.

Former Employee - Engineering in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SuccessFactors

Pros

customers are buying in. They give you table, chair & computer to work with. computer may be sometimes slow given you are engg.

Cons

complacently using old technologies. no bandwidth for innovation. no technical leadership. loads of work. mis-management by mid-level managers, incapable ppl at leadership roles.

Advice to Management

Leaders should at least make sure that mid level managers do not exploit the engineers via politics & ill treatment.

Wonderful!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SuccessFactors

Pros

Open and flexible work environment and all levels of management are accessible to hear out your concerns. The work environment was high energy and a very "Can Do" attitude was pervasive all around during my tenure there...

Cons

Management is not proactive about career development and its not always "pay for performance" and frustration levels accumulate rapidly at the lower-levels.

Advice to Management

Career Development is key to sustain employee motivation and just "paying" for performance every so often does not always guarantee employee retention.

There are newer employer reviews for SuccessFactors