SuccessFactors

www.successfactors.com
There are newer employer reviews for SuccessFactors

So what did we learn?

I have been working at SuccessFactors

Pros

Stock
Fun office environment
Youth and energy
Favoritism
Good reputation (before I read this site)

Cons

Favoritism
No room for growth
Career Development doesn't exist because mgmt tries to hold you back
Pay for performance is joke
Very difficult to take time off even though there is an unlimited vacation time policy.
Ineffective managers
Very little recognition for job well done
Unrealistic work hours due to unrealistic customer expectations
No support from management

Run 360s on all teams, get rid of low performing managers and direct reports, give raises to high performers. Seems simple right?

230 Other Employee Reviews for SuccessFactors (View Most Recent)

Fun Ride!!

Current Employee - Customer Support Advocate
    Current Employee - Customer Support Advocate

I have been working at SuccessFactors

Pros

Great great team collaboration. We all help each other out. Never left behind. we try to make the best of all of the situations that come through at us

Cons

Management will never say no to the client so if they escalate we always end up doing others departments work including coding.
    Management does not help when we are in a bind and mid level managements is never in the office of 3 managers in Boston when the big boss is not in chances are they are not either.

We are not recognized by our peers in our company even though our retention rates are about 90%. There is bonus for us when client decide to renew contracts with us even though we support them day in and day out. We are a great group and help out one another when ever we can.

Insane work schedule working investment bankers hours with out any of the perks. Even though we all kick butt and work crazy hours they still have to do calibration and although we all rocked it some will get dinged. When asking for explanations or specific examples of what we can do better managers go into sell mode with no company examples because it is based on favorites.

One thing is be in the office and help out. Stop giving into the the client requests all of the time. Because your feeding the monster.
    Give us the opportunity to advance.

Show us the money we are way too underpaid for the job that we do plain and simple. We should be be a pay for performance company Without our help in support customers would be flying out the door when contracts expire. We know how to put the fires out and make up sells a breeze for the sales guys but where is our love. Forget bonus show us a real increase in salary what are people with 2 - 3 years exp worth to you in support??????

Great Place to Work As Long As You Like to Work!

I have been working at SuccessFactors

Pros

Great teamwork, smart colleagues, stellar product, kaizen culture, great opportunities to learn and expand your area of expertise.
    Many positions work from home (huge benefit IMHO - what's not to love?)
    Reasonable travel, high job satisfaction.

Cons

Limited work life balance.
    50+ hours per week is the minimum expected.
    Most successful employees work 60+ hours per week every week without exception.

We seem to be taking our game to the next level, which is a good sign. Continue along this path. Make sure we don't loose sight of our roots and become a culture that is siloed and focused on processes rather than results.

Not all customers are worth fighting for, if we burn out and lose our best staff while attempting to save a customer that does not want to be satisfied, is it worth it?

There are newer employer reviews for SuccessFactors