There are newer employer reviews for Suddenlink Communications

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Account Services Representative  in  Tyler, TX
Former Employee - Account Services Representative in Tyler, TX

I worked at Suddenlink Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get to talk to people all day, nice people to work with, full time hours, good pay, occasional overtime

Cons

Sitting down all day, difficult customers, goals are sometimes hard to reach, talking all day can sometimes ruin your voice

77 Other Employee Reviews for Suddenlink Communications (View Most Recent)

Easy as counting to 1,356,254,7456

Current Employee - Direct Sales and Marketing Specialist
    Current Employee - Direct Sales and Marketing Specialist

I have been working at Suddenlink Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great local managment, cool benefits!

Cons

Always a new challenge to overcome, unrealistic expectations, upper management is out of the loop, policies and procedures change by the minute. Salary is a joke plus commision, 6 day work week, outrageous manadotory work hours. In the past few months I have done more work and put in more hours for far less pay. I dont even know if corporate is aware of the circus going on in my department recently. Half of my department is looking for other jobs but is too afraid to tell management.

Quit changing things until they have been tested and are ready to be done. Change is good, but change for the sake of change isn't. Commision is based on an unrealistic sales pyramid. If you don't hit a specific number you do not get paid your commision. My average pay My average pay has been cut in half with new restructuring.

It started of great but quickly headed downhill

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II  in  Tyler, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Tyler, TX

I worked at Suddenlink Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent benefits. Free cable and Internet

Cons

(Call Center / Tech Support Dept.) After new management stepped in in 2011 they shifted from customer service to how much more can we squeeze out of our customers for a profit. They replaced knowledgeable supervisors with babysitters to make sure we were making sales ( i.e. the billing and tech departments). As the good supervisors left one by one, so did the veteran agents. Which lead to more calls from even more upset customers because all the rookies on the floor were not up to the challenge. I was there 5 years. The first 3 years would get 5 starts ~ year 4 was a 3, and I finally had to leave after the new people were getting better score cards than me when the only thing they did was sell stuff - not fix anything.

You people forgot what customer service was all about. Taking care of there needs .. not trying to sell them services they don't want.

There are newer employer reviews for Suddenlink Communications

Worked for Suddenlink Communications? Contribute to the Community!