Suffolk County Community College

www.sunysuffolk.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Suffolk County Community College

Succeeding in spite of itself

Current Employee - Director
Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Suffolk County Community College

Pros

The salary and benefits are outstanding. At times I have felt that I'm overpaid. As of right now you don't pay for your health benefits and the vacation time is overly generous. Also, as compared to a 4-year institution, you have very little night and weekend work.

Cons

Institution is VERY top-heavy. There are a whole class of college-wide Associate Deans who seem to do nothing. The institution would benefit from putting them back into the classroom and having lower paid administrators absorb their job functions.

Listen to your people. The upper levels do NOT accept criticism well and have created an environment of fear of speaking up. The institution also gives in too easily to the few senior faculty who are entrenched and not open to new or fresh ideas.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Suffolk County Community College (View Most Recent)

Tutor

Former Employee - Tutor in Selden, NY
    Former Employee - Tutor in Selden, NY

I worked at Suffolk County Community College

Pros

I liked the job because it was flexible and everyone at work was nice. I got to help students succeed in their classes, which was pretty rewarding.

Cons

Sometimes the people in charge were disorganized and seemed to be focusing on other things.

ok

Current Employee - Faculty
    Current Employee - Faculty

I have been working at Suffolk County Community College full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits; good vacation time

Cons

politics; hire families and friends.

There are newer employer reviews for Suffolk County Community College