Suffolk County Community College
www.sunysuffolk.edu Selden, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Succeeding in spite of itself

Director (Current Employee)

ProsThe salary and benefits are outstanding. At times I have felt that I'm overpaid. As of right now you don't pay for your health benefits and the vacation time is overly generous. Also, as compared to a 4-year institution, you have very little night and weekend work.

ConsInstitution is VERY top-heavy. There are a whole class of college-wide Associate Deans who seem to do nothing. The institution would benefit from putting them back into the classroom and having lower paid administrators absorb their job functions.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people. The upper levels do NOT accept criticism well and have created an environment of fear of speaking up. The institution also gives in too easily to the few senior faculty who are entrenched and not open to new or fresh ideas.

Assistant Coach

Assistant Coach (Former Employee)
    Selden, NY

I worked at Suffolk County Community College as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros: Great atmosphere and flexible schedule Cons: Two year school so team is always changing Advice to Senior Management: Should have a mandatory amount of practice/game hours and study… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Don't expect much

Adjunct (Former Employee)
    Selden, NY

I worked at Suffolk County Community College part-time

Pros: flexible work hours, decent benefits Cons: too much bureaucracy and employees left to their own devices… Advice to Senior Management: focus on developing staff rather than covering your own butts No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Suffolk County Community College.

Worked for Suffolk County Community College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Suffolk County Community College reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Suffolk County Community College employees.