SugarCRM

www.sugarcrm.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for SugarCRM

Sugar has supported my goals of learning and growing into different roles

Current Employee - Manager, Product Marketing in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Manager, Product Marketing in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Open | Everyone from our CTO to our CEO and CPO are such humble people! They take the time to come by and talk ,explain and teach and interact with everyone! I have felt very encouraged by each one of them and they are the kind of leaders I want to grow into someday! I adore our CPO and draw my inspiration from her and my manager.
Flexibility | I have been with Sugar for about 10 months. I started in capacity of Demand Gen and later felt like I needed to be challenged more. All i had to do was drop a line in an IM chat window to our CPO- OMG! She was all over it and took the time (45 minutes) to talk to me about my career goals and what I wanted to do and how I can get there.
Great Learning Environment | I transitioned into the Products group and work with our VP of Products- she has taken the time to teach me and groom me. I have acquired new skills and everyone on the team (including engineering)has taken the extra effort to be patient with me and teach me as I transitioned.

Our HR department is always open to suggestions- welcoming and works hard to create an inclusive culture. They've always had fun events for all of us to come together and enjoy.

Cons

Commute
Wish there were more coffee shops- the one attached to the complex is PRICEY!

84 Other Employee Reviews for SugarCRM (View Most Recent)

Wasted potential

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I worked at SugarCRM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Reasonably solid company that has a strong global footprint, decent technology team.

Cons

Can't get out of its own way, shoots itself in the foot on something major every year.

Stick with what works when it's working, don't shove it to the side!

Great Potential - Disastrous Execution

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is in a great place as far as the available CRM market. There are some people here who believe in the product and the company and who want to create a successful brand.

Cons

The company is its own worst enemy. A handful of people, at the highest level of the organization, seem to have their own agenda and are not open to any suggestions or ideas that do not fit that agenda. People are in positions of power here who are nowhere near senior enough to hold c-level titles. On the flip side, there are some very intelligent folks that bring great ideas and yet they are shot down again and again, and as a result nothing ever changes as far as forward momentum. Internal systems are atrocious. Backstabbing is the norm.

If you really want to take the company to the next level, take the advice of the folks who are bringing the issues to your attention. How many different people have to raise the flag on the same issue before something is done to fix it? How many good people need to walk out the door?

There are newer employer reviews for SugarCRM