SugarCRM is a fantastic place to work!

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company shares the wealth, makes allowances for employees, rewards hard work, gives stock options, free lunches, company is moving in a great direction, CEO is fantastic, HR team are lovely and welcoming, every employee (including management) is approachable.

Cons

A little bit of growing pains, but the staff are getting through it.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Other Reviews for SugarCRM

Slow but positive progress.

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Loads of opportunity to innovate in the CRM space. There is a strong focus placed on Engineering talent and collaboration. If you are an ambitious self-starter, you'll do very well here. Also, if you are able to focus and follow-through on your plans you'll quickly establish yourself as a key resource.

There's no limits to what you can work on or the problems you can solve. Results and hard evidence are valued more than opinions or chit-chat.

Leadership and high level decisions can be influenced by anyone who is willing to understand the problem and propose alternatives. The executives are very accessible.

Cons

Collaborative environments can be difficult to master. You have to understand a broad range of audiences and their priorities to properly sell your ideas internally. People with less assertive personalities might get trampled on or drowned out.

New employees tend to see so much opportunity for improvement, that they have trouble prioritizing what's most important.

There is a history of Shiny Penny Syndrome, but that has faded quite a bit over the past two years as the company has become more aware of it's own challenges.

Being primarily channel driven, we've struggled to understand our own model for success and don't listen to our partners and customers as much as we could.

Focus, focus, focus. Refine, refine, refine. We're seeing success in a number of areas, let's focus on reproducing that as much as we can.

Sugar has supported my goals of learning and growing into different roles

Current Employee - Manager, Product Marketing  in  Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Product Marketing in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time for less than a year

Pros

Open | Everyone from our CTO to our CEO and CPO are such humble people! They take the time to come by and talk ,explain and teach and interact with everyone! I have felt very encouraged by each one of them and they are the kind of leaders I want to grow into someday! I adore our CPO and draw my inspiration from her and my manager.
    Flexibility | I have been with Sugar for about 10 months. I started in capacity of Demand Gen and later felt like I needed to be challenged more. All i had to do was drop a line in an IM chat window to our CPO- OMG! She was all over it and took the time (45 minutes) to talk to me about my career goals and what I wanted to do and how I can get there.
    Great Learning Environment | I transitioned into the Products group and work with our VP of Products- she has taken the time to teach me and groom me. I have acquired new skills and everyone on the team (including engineering)has taken the extra effort to be patient with me and teach me as I transitioned.

Our HR department is always open to suggestions- welcoming and works hard to create an inclusive culture. They've always had fun events for all of us to come together and enjoy.

Cons

Commute
    Wish there were more coffee shops- the one attached to the complex is PRICEY!

There are newer employer reviews for SugarCRM.

Worked for SugarCRM? Contribute to the Community!