SugarCRM

There are newer employer reviews for SugarCRM

Sweet!

Current Employee - Software Engineering in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineering in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Love the culture of the company.
There is open communication at all levels and no hang-ups or attitude based on job titles.
The company provides an excellent environment for learning and growing oneself.
New ideas are welcomed and encouraged.
The executive management team has tremendous vision and the company is growing at an unprecedented rate.
I see a great future ahead both career-wise and company-wise at SugarCRM!

Cons

As is common with companies on the grow, there are many areas that need improvement.
Better/more employees, processes and tools are needed to adjust to the growth as the company turns the corner and moves up.

Make sure the company is capitalizing on the current momentum and not reading its own press clippings.

78 Other Employee Reviews for SugarCRM (View Most Recent)

Sweet Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time

Pros

- I absolutely love the company culture. Sugar hit its 10 year mark this year, but it still maintains a fun, start-up vibe. You can feel how passionate the exec team is, especially our founder, and the enthusiasm among the employees is contagious. Sugar is also very thoughtful to its employees, the exec team will set company milestones and when these milestones are reached, every employee worldwide is rewarded with a gift, some past gifts have been Nexus 7 tablets, mountain bikes, and the huge, 10 year anniversary party at the Bently Reserve in San Francisco. This is a fun and productive way to keep employees engaged and showing how we are valued.

- Great benefits. The company is very generous when it comes to contributing to medical costs and offers a really great medical package. Sugar also offers a weekly yoga class just for employees at the beautiful Bay Club gym across the street, a weekly boot camp/kickboxing class, weekly lunches, an annual summer picnic, fun holiday parties, up to $1000 to use towards tuition or classes within your job scope per year, spirit weeks with prizes, volunteer opportunities and partial gym membership reimbursement.

- Great people. The company really works to find "true sugas" who live up to our company values. There is even a great recognition program for employees who display our core values - value, innovative, open, integrity and passion - which shows how important these ideals are to the company as a whole. The company has an employee referral percentage at least twice the industry average, which shows that it is a great company to work for.

I would definitely recommend working here.

Cons

Growing pains with recent reorgs, but this is to be expected at this point in the company's growth.

Great benefits and culture, love the new focus on employee training with Sugar University courses, looking forward to the next company milestone gift :-) .

I want to love Sugar again!

Current Employee - G&A Department in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - G&A Department in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have some great co-workers! Most of us are located in Cupertino, in a cool little complex. Sometimes we feel a bit separated from each other in the different buildings, but it's only a 2 minute walk to get to anyone. The only thing separating us is a cool fountain! They offer great benefits, perks, events and all the food/drinks you could imagine. They have stocked kitchens in every building, and do a great job at trying to accommodate everyone.

Cons

All the change is really hard. It seems like the leaders come and go on a very frequent basis. This makes it very difficult to feel safe and secure. Also, the company reorganizes frequently, some departments more than others. Again, very disruptive and hard to stay focused. Also, many of the leaders have very different philosophies on how to manage, where to focus, and what's important. It's not that any of them are necessarily wrong, but they go in opposing directions sometimes, and that's hard for an employee, because you feel like you are going to disappoint someone. Because off all the change, I'm working double time to keep up with the demand. I'd really like some work life-balance, but I currently don't really have a manager, so I'm not sure who to go to.

Please get on the same page! The company values that the HR department established are great! Abide by them. There are a lot of people here who love it here and want to be successful. But you have to get it right at the top. Hire the right leaders, agree on a direction and message, have the team leaders communicate that direction/message to the teams. I feel like I am free-falling, and that's not a very good feeling. I want to love working here again, so please give me a ray of hope. I want to remain a Suga!

There are newer employer reviews for SugarCRM