SugarCRM

There are newer employer reviews for SugarCRM

Sweet Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time

Pros

- I absolutely love the company culture. Sugar hit its 10 year mark this year, but it still maintains a fun, start-up vibe. You can feel how passionate the exec team is, especially our founder, and the enthusiasm among the employees is contagious. Sugar is also very thoughtful to its employees, the exec team will set company milestones and when these milestones are reached, every employee worldwide is rewarded with a gift, some past gifts have been Nexus 7 tablets, mountain bikes, and the huge, 10 year anniversary party at the Bently Reserve in San Francisco. This is a fun and productive way to keep employees engaged and showing how we are valued.

- Great benefits. The company is very generous when it comes to contributing to medical costs and offers a really great medical package. Sugar also offers a weekly yoga class just for employees at the beautiful Bay Club gym across the street, a weekly boot camp/kickboxing class, weekly lunches, an annual summer picnic, fun holiday parties, up to $1000 to use towards tuition or classes within your job scope per year, spirit weeks with prizes, volunteer opportunities and partial gym membership reimbursement.

- Great people. The company really works to find "true sugas" who live up to our company values. There is even a great recognition program for employees who display our core values - value, innovative, open, integrity and passion - which shows how important these ideals are to the company as a whole. The company has an employee referral percentage at least twice the industry average, which shows that it is a great company to work for.

I would definitely recommend working here.

Cons

Growing pains with recent reorgs, but this is to be expected at this point in the company's growth.

Great benefits and culture, love the new focus on employee training with Sugar University courses, looking forward to the next company milestone gift :-) .

84 Other Employee Reviews for SugarCRM (View Most Recent)

I want to love Sugar again!

Current Employee - G&A Department in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - G&A Department in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have some great co-workers! Most of us are located in Cupertino, in a cool little complex. Sometimes we feel a bit separated from each other in the different buildings, but it's only a 2 minute walk to get to anyone. The only thing separating us is a cool fountain! They offer great benefits, perks, events and all the food/drinks you could imagine. They have stocked kitchens in every building, and do a great job at trying to accommodate everyone.

Cons

All the change is really hard. It seems like the leaders come and go on a very frequent basis. This makes it very difficult to feel safe and secure. Also, the company reorganizes frequently, some departments more than others. Again, very disruptive and hard to stay focused. Also, many of the leaders have very different philosophies on how to manage, where to focus, and what's important. It's not that any of them are necessarily wrong, but they go in opposing directions sometimes, and that's hard for an employee, because you feel like you are going to disappoint someone. Because off all the change, I'm working double time to keep up with the demand. I'd really like some work life-balance, but I currently don't really have a manager, so I'm not sure who to go to.

Please get on the same page! The company values that the HR department established are great! Abide by them. There are a lot of people here who love it here and want to be successful. But you have to get it right at the top. Hire the right leaders, agree on a direction and message, have the team leaders communicate that direction/message to the teams. I feel like I am free-falling, and that's not a very good feeling. I want to love working here again, so please give me a ray of hope. I want to remain a Suga!

The time of my life

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Great company values, everyone is really open and happy to help you out. The company is full of amazing and lovely people. My manager was fantastic to me and all of HR were happy to help with whatever problem I had.
    - Generous benefits package
    - Many company events for you to get to know people in the company
    - Free snacks, coffee and free lunch every wednesday.
    - Tons of free T-shirts.
    - You can create your own opportunities around the company.
    - Would very much recommend working here, even though I am leaving. I am purchasing all my stock before I leave.
    - Tons of committees to join around the company
    - gym reimbursement.

Cons

The year to year raises were lower than expected (4%). When you negotiate your offer, make sure it is a salary you can be happy with for at least a couple years before you sign, especially if you are an engineer.

Compensate engineers with their current market value.

There are newer employer reviews for SugarCRM