SugarSync
www.sugarsync.com San Mateo, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Fun and passionate workplace, the company has a renewed focus on creating a quality product and keeping employees happy

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at SugarSync full-time for more than a year

ProsNew management has become much more transparent and is proactive about addressing concerns. Previously, top-level management used to sit in private offices. They now sit at regular desks in the open floor plan amongst the developers (including the CEO).

There is an abundance of interesting large scale and high impact projects available to take ownership of. Hard work is recognized and rewarded.

The company has good flexibility with working hours, which you can use to avoid traffic or make doc appointments.

ConsCompany is migrating from an older more complicated application infrastructure to a newer more streamlined one. While this migration is being done you are often required to learn two different ways to do the same thing.

Not easily commutable by public transportation.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis time last year I would have had a ton of items to list and this would be a much different review. Since then my major concerns have all been addressed. Keep the company on current trajectory.

A troubled company

Foole (Current Employee)

I have been working at SugarSync full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Bright friendly employees, working on great software Cons: Upper management does not properly lead the company. Perhaps… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very bad workplace

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at SugarSync full-time for more than a year

Pros: Snacks Some good tech. Great location / easy commute Cons: Shrinking market Negative atmosphere Hypocritical management / false "values" Muddy strategy Lots of people leaving lately New… Advice to Senior Management: We are going down fast, so do something soon. Find… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SugarSync.

Worked for SugarSync? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SugarSync reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SugarSync CEO Mike Grossman. All reviews posted anonymously by SugarSync employees.