Sul Ross State University
www.sulross.edu Alpine, TX 150 to 499 Employees

It is a positive and safe environment in which to learn.

ProsSmall university which enables you to really get to know the students, your colleagues, and the community; students are traditionally first-generation and low-income, thereby the majority have a strong desire to learn - college is not a "given" for most.

ConsStudents are typically underprepared for higher education so for most they have to play "catch up"; as a professor you will sometimes have to modify assignments because they may be too complicated for the students. West Texas is getting to be ultraconservative.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter two-way communication is needed from upper management - often information will flow up the hierarchy, but fail to be reported back down in a timely manner.

Years of Commitment to Our University Family and still going strong!

Associate Professor & Department Chair (Current Employee)
    Alpine, TX

I have been working at Sul Ross State University full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Beautiful campus and region of Texas....lots to do in a… Cons: Distance from a major city but you get used to… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the strong tradition and Ride for the Brand,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It is a very positive place to work.

I have been working at Sul Ross State University

Pros: Small User friendly collaboration student centered good communication positive atmosphere diversity Cons: remote area limited shopping 2.5 hours from commercial airline Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sul Ross State University.

Worked for Sul Ross State University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sul Ross State University reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Sul Ross State University employees.