Sullivan & Cromwell

www.sullcrom.com

Great salary and benefits; Why complain?

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSalary and benefits for support staff are above the level at similar firms. I am a non-lawyer. My department is run very smoothly. Perks such as the view and cafeteria are even enough to bump this job into golden handcuffs territory. No one ever bothers me about overtime. My desk is quiet and I can occasionally check the ol' Facey-book. I work hard, though, and am given legitimate/commensurate responsibilities. Good, good, and more good stuff.

ConsWe're all working for the man. Self-starters are given praise to an extent, but ultimately, many high-level changes or suggestions will be shut down by the old, white, male partners who oversee many of the support (non-lawyer) departments and like things to remain the same. We have a reputation for being stuffy, and although SO many of the newer staff, lawyers, etc. aren't old and stuffy, we still have those same people who are resisant to change making the higher level decisions. It's hard to fight the reputation when some people don't want to/don't notice that they themselves are stuffy, and the root of the problems.

That being said, S&C doesn't have a ton of "problems" at any rate. We're still a top firm; support departments do what we can to make the lawyers' lives run smoothly (in whatever sense is appropriate for that department), and ultimately lawyers quit on a daily basis anyway because it's corporate law--long hours and high pay will mean people come and go and come and go...

Do not work here as a temporary worker

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Sullivan & Cromwell

Pros: Overtime availability, you get a car home after overtime, cheap… Cons: No benefits as a temp, incompetent and manipulative supervisors, mind numbing work, office chatter… Advice to Senior Management: Please observe closely the abusive and downright fraudulent behavior from supervisors, attorney, and legal staff… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

S&C Legal Assitants

Legal Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Sullivan & Cromwell

Pros: Great compensation, surrounded by smart people, reasonable work environment. They really know how to take care of their employees,… Cons: Long days, long hours and hard work. Often working on weekends, and spent a lot of time working at home. … Advice to Senior Management: Here I really don't have much, you know what you are getting into here and there are few… More
There are newer reviews on Sullivan & Cromwell.

Worked for Sullivan & Cromwell? Contribute to the Community!