There are newer employer reviews for SumTotal

Great for experience...only.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Gainesville, FL
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at SumTotal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company socials were quite nice and the provided food and drinks while working are very nice. Management are also allowing willing to work on a project with you.

Cons

Very much like a glorified help-desk position. This position was one a step up from starting all conversations with "have you tried plugging it in?" and I have more experience than to have to start out with this.

148 Other Employee Reviews for SumTotal (View Most Recent)

How Long Will They Hold On?

Current Employee - Manager in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Manager in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at SumTotal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Perfect environment for back stabbing sociopaths. They do a great job at snowing upper management that things are sunshine and flowers.

Cons

Good luck at trying to get anything done without an act of Congress. Hard work is not rewarded, creative thinkers are perceived as a threat. Very toxic work environment.

Don't believe what you are being told is the truth. Just ask customers.

I feel fortunate to have worked with such an amazing team through trying times and persevering.

I have been working at SumTotal full-time

Pros

Acquisitions are not the easiest business endeavour, but SumTotal has not only held strong to our place in the industry, we are making our way to the top. In addition, employees receive amazing health benefits, bonus programs and a competitive salaries in the industry. SumTotal recognizes those who deserve to be credited and those who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Recognition is a key motivator in the work place and not many organizations take advantage of this.

Cons

Sumtotal's employee base has flunctuated in the past few years as a result of the acquisitions. This should not be looked at negatively as it is a natural accurance in such a business endeavour.

There are newer employer reviews for SumTotal