There are newer employer reviews for Sumaria Systems, Inc

Helpful company....seem to really want to help you out.

Current Employee - Help Desk Technician in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Help Desk Technician in Dayton, OH

Pros

Sumaria is a company that places IT professionals to work at government and military facilities. They are an established company that has been around for 26 years. They look to try to place each individual with the best fit based on their resume. Helps get your foot in the door and work on networking for other possible opportunities if your not a perm employee. If you can get hired as a full time worker they have excellant benefits. The employees that place you are very helpful in trying to get you in a place to work that will benefit both you and their company.

Cons

They might not always be a position available. I was a temp and so far haven't been able to get another assignment.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Sumaria Systems, Inc

Best Company To Work For!

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Sumaria Systems, Inc (More than 10 years)

Pros

Highest ethics and a company that genuinely cares about its employees. It all starts at the top with the owner and CEO - Mr. Sumaria. His honesty, business ethics and concern for his employees is instilled at every level of management within the company.

Cons

There are no Cons. Keep doing exactly what you are doing!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

They could do better

Pros

Fair pay, helpful human resources staff. They were very good about granting time off for physicians and dental appointments (when I had not been there long) although the ultimate decision was up to the government office I was contracted to work in.

Cons

Contractors always bid low to secure the contract. Often working conditions are not comparable to civilian federal employees or military employees. Contracted employees at a federal facility are often treated like second class citizens that are disposable. While the position I held was temporary, I was disposed of early due to early termination of the contact. While this is understandable, numerous other positions have come open within the organization (to which I have applied) and have not received so much as a phone call. I believe I was hired quickly to fill a position, but my age eliminates any future possibilities with this organization. To my knowledge there were no complaints or problems regarding my work that would indicate I did not do all that was asked of me and more in an effort to be a team player.

Advice to Management

Give everyone an equal opportunity, regardless of age. Some of the best experience comes from that of older employees. It's disheartening to be made to feel you have little value or nothing productive to offer a workplace based simply on age.