Sumitomo Corporation of America

www.sumitomocorp.com
  www.sumitomocorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sumitomo Corporation of America

I has been a great learning experience for me, working in different styles of management and diversity .

Current Employee - Senior Business Operations Analyst in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Business Operations Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sumitomo Corporation of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Diversity , Exposure to real world, learning opportunity, project based work environment , great culture, international travel and work experience , good compensation , career path, diversified portfolio makes it unique and rich history of the company makes the culture of the company very sustainable.

Cons

International travel is tough on family life at times , internal consulting company so less customer interaction.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Sumitomo Corporation of America (View Most Recent)

Great place to work if you Japanese

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sumitomo Corporation of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay, Benefits are amazing, office location is nice

Cons

No american upper managment, all upper managment (senior) is japanese. They openly speak japanese in front of non japanese speaking staff. Very quick to judge and extremly slow to forgive if an error occurs. Took this position for the pay and benefits, had I have known what I was getting into I may have passed. Regardless of title if an american manages japanese staff the japanese staff have a greater ability for direct access to upper managment because they are japanese.

Senior managment should walk the floors more and interact with lower level employees. You have countless hard working employees that get zero attention.

Worked for Sumitomo Asia, a Great company and great culture.

Former Employee - Markeing Manager in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Markeing Manager in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Sumitomo Corporation of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

One of the strongest and reputed Japanese Trading house with more than 200 yrs history with built in inherent strength.

Cons

Bit slow (though steady) in decision making and loosing edge a bit against aggressive western organisations.

There are newer employer reviews for Sumitomo Corporation of America