Summa Health System

There are newer employer reviews for Summa Health System

The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Akron, OH
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Akron, OH

I worked at Summa Health System as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Worked Summa's Coronary Care Unit and thought it was a great place to work

Cons

Wanted to start full time with them six months later and had it all set in place to be hired. During the process, I was told that I would be a "liability" to them via their legal department. It comes down to what is said about a person and not their job performance as to whether or not they get hired.

Grow some balls and hire based on past work performance and not on what somebody says about a person.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Summa Health System (View Most Recent)

Worst Place I have ever worked.

Former Employee - Naa in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Naa in Akron, OH

I worked at Summa Health System full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no "Pros." There is so much dead wood currently there that getting anything done is impossible.

Cons

Tons of "racial cards" sexual harassment,
    Example, sleep with me or your fired. Try to discipline someone for using the Lords name in vein and the individual who spoke these words gets away and the person who was offend gets fired.

You need to listen to your subordinates. When one tells you there is an issue or security breach, you need to fix it. Not fire the person for letting you know .

Excellent Employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I have been working at Summa Health System

Pros

Summa Health System is an excellent place to work. It has consistenetly been honored with awards for being a Top Employer in Northeast Ohio and lives up to the promise. Employees are committed to providing high qualit, compassionate and safe healthcare to our patients.

Cons

Summa is a large employer with many locations and sub groups. As a result it can be difficult for employees to stay informed about all of the changes and growth at the orgainzation. In order to feel connected the employee must make an effort to be informed by reading and attending learning opportunities.

There are newer employer reviews for Summa Health System