There are newer employer reviews for Summerlin Hospital

Understaffed and underpaid

Current Employee - Registration in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Registration in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Summerlin Hospital part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The majority of co-workers are very nice and I actually do like my manager.

Cons

- Always, always, always understaffed.
- On-Call/Per-diem folk are not used properly. I mean if it's a real busy day CALL THEM IN. The fact that management is so restricted with hours in a registration department that makes over 300,000 a month in collections for the hospital is ridiculous.
- Employees that slack off and don't care about the rest of the team kind of ease on by.
- The work load can be a bit ridiculous especially working in the ER.
- Patients constantly complain regarding the amount of papers they have to sign. I mean seriously...why should an ER patient have to sign almost 20 pages worth of documents? It's ridiculous.
- It's all about the collections. Customer service is very secondary.
- No real part-time positions are available. It's all full-time or per-diem. The CEO has no tolerance for more than 3 per-diems for a staff of 30. And refuses to give us a part-time person on the weekend...which are normally are busiest days...even though we are already more understaffed on the weekend than on the weekdays.
-WAY underpaid for how much they expect of you.

Just stay away.

Advice to Management

Reconsider staffing and staff more the weekends. Allow management to hire more on-call/per diem workers to help fill gaps. Also hire some part-timers. It's ridiculous not too.

reviews filtered by
  1. Exhausting and treated like dirt on shoe.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Summerlin Hospital

Pros

The same as any hospital:Job stability and benefits

Cons

patient loads to heavy
    never acknowledged for anything good
    bugdet is #1, not staff license or patient safety.
    they expect you to do things that they themselves could not or would not do.
    supervisors will YELL at you and talk to you like a child in front of others.

Advice to Management

Realize that the people that are on the front line of patient care are the ones making you all that money. While you point out that there are always other people who will do the job, eventually the word will get out about how you treat staff and then you will REALLY be "short staffed". Staff surveys are positive because the majority of the people that are doing them are sitting behind a desk and dont have to worry about retaliation if truthful.

2. No different than any other hospital in Las Vegas...Inferior medical care throughout the city

I have been working at Summerlin Hospital

Pros

Money, self scheduling, supportive night shift nursing supervisors

Cons

Inconsistency with rules, unsafe nurse to patient ratios, allowing doctors to behave inappropriately without any recourse

Advice to Management

If you want HCAP scores to improve you need to provide the staff with proper equipment to do their job.

There are newer employer reviews for Summerlin Hospital