There are newer employer reviews for Summit Consulting

Great Place to Work

Former Contractor - Graphic Designer
Former Contractor - Graphic Designer

I worked at Summit Consulting as a contractor

Pros

Good working environment, great people to work with, stable company.

Cons

Not geared toward creativity, not technically supportive of creative staff

reviews filtered by
  1. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Summit Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Technical, challenging, interesting, and relevant work supporting the Federal Government's biggest agencies. Use what you actually studied in school.

Cons

None that I can think of

2. Give you lots of work but little growth and fulfillment of the promises they make.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Summit Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They give you lots of work and responsibility from day one. You don't feel like you aren't busy.

Cons

Worked 60 hours a week consecutively and deceptive about how the overtime bonus will play out. They tell you anything to get you in the door about how they will give you the ability to grow in any direction with any skillset you want, but that doesn't happen. They only want you to double down on the skills that you already have and don't alternate workers onto other projects to prevent them from being dissatisfied with their work - even though they claim that they will. Work you 60 hours a week and then say hey it's ok by taking you to happy hour and getting black out drunk. I gained 20 lb from a lack of work/life balance and the constant peer pressure from coworkers to drink. Also they give you laptops that weigh 20 lb. So working from home is a myth. You are just on call 24/7.

Fix the cons. Stop framing them as a positive sell when you make them nothing but negative.

Summit Consulting Response

Nov 4, 2014CEO

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear your concerns about work-life balance and professional development. We encourage you to connect with our Human Capital Manager or Human ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Summit Consulting