Examiner

Current Contractor - Examiner in Houston, TX
Current Contractor - Examiner in Houston, TX

I have been working at Summit Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay rate is very generous

Cons

I could not agree more!!!!!! "Payment for services rendered are 60+ days late, bonus and mileage are not paid as agreed. Phone calls are not returned & problems not addressed." It is without doubt that only a certain race of people are allowed as upper management. I see a lawsuit in the very near future.

Advice to Management

Unknown. I really think it depends on your race, and I am NOT the right race.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Discriminatory, Biased, Slanderous, and Abusive of their Independent Contractors that work diligently for the company

Former Contractor - Wellness Examiner/Clinic Team Lead in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Contractor - Wellness Examiner/Clinic Team Lead in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Summit Health as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Reasonable pay per hour. Nothing else, because anything one would think to be a positive aspect of Summit Health, is ALWAYS let down or taken advantage of to the point of no return."

Cons

The leadership is absolutely not objective in their judgement calls and authoritative discretion. A contractor is expected to work within the expectations of a company employee, rather than an independent contractor. Contractors are abused as Team Leads for clinics when they take on too much work in order to stay in good standing, but become overwhelmed and make a mistake and then eventually humiliated, fined, scrutinized, and stolen from. I went out of my way to accommodate any and all requests from Summit Health to adapt to clients and to assist other associate contractors with their clinics. No matter how far I bent or flexed for this unprofessional organization, I never seemed to do enough...and finally, upon the instance that problems occurred beyond my control, but which I took accountability for, I was exited and taken off of the contracting list entirely. Additionally, my hours I worked, used my personal vehicle, and was due payment for was all of the following: 1) hours logged were intentionally stated as "reduced" for penalities, 2) fines were imposed on the final amount of my payment, 3) delays and fees related accordingly to my payment for over 5 months of work.

Advice to Management

Get new management and read the employment/independent contracting laws, then NOTE the difference; read the wage laws, etc.; read the financial obligations to pay laws; Contracting laws; Equal Opportunity & Civil Rights/Discrimination Laws; and penalty fee laws, etc...

Untimely Payment on Contracts

Current Contractor - Health & Wellness Screener
    Current Contractor - Health & Wellness Screener

I have been working at Summit Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to Self Schedule Available Openings

Cons

Advice to Management

Address issues in timely fashion pay IC Contractors as agreed. Set-up system to trouble shoot issues, and take opportunity to survey contractors for feedback.