Summit Polymers

www.summitpolymers.com

Great place for men to work but a poor work environment for women.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Portage, MI

ProsIf you are of the male gender, your opportunities for job advancement and compensation are actually quite good and you can expect much in the way of training.

ConsHarassment and far lower wages for women in this workplace are not uncommon. If you place a complaint then expect retaliation from those higher up. They also expect you to do your own reviews of your job performance with instructions that you should not rate yourself highly as it will show no room for improvement and will reflect on you poorly. They will then take those ratings later on to use against you stating that you agreed that you were a poor employee. My time at Summit was the lowest depths of hell. By going through the channels of complaint directed by the company it put me in a position where the people involved in the issue were informed and were able to not only retaliate but were open to building a case against me that improperly showed me as being a poor employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company could do FAR better. Take a long look at the actual job performance of your managers and PLEASE work to change your policies on reporting issues. Many times the issues (harassment and discrimination in my case) are partially due to the managers of the department and the requirement to contact your manager FIRST before working your way up the ladder only opens the door to retaliation. Employees many times don't have support from those higher up and are sacrificed when management mistakes are made. This company during my time there was definitely run as an "old boy's club".

Strong in the auto industry, financially sound, going to be around for a long time.

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Portage, MI

I have been working at Summit Polymers

Pros: financially stable, privately owned, not to large of a company. Once… Cons: People are not held accountable. Many senior people seem to… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the weak, hold them accountable. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A good place to work, a good place to live.

Human Resources Manager, Employment (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Summit Polymers

Pros: SW Michigan is a great place to work and raise a family. Short commutes, good school systems, company is privately held and is financially… Cons: Summit is an automotive supplier with price pressures from both the OEM's and material suppliers. Because Summit is… Advice to Senior Management: Identify your key employees and make sure that they are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Summit Polymers.

Worked for Summit Polymers? Contribute to the Community!