Summit Solutions

www.summitsolutionsca.com
  www.summitsolutionsca.com
There are newer employer reviews for Summit Solutions

Summit Solutions offers personal and professional growth

Current Employee - Business Consultant in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Business Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

#1. You'll never get drawn into one of those water-cooler conversations with co-workers about negative or just mundane BS. Everyone is really positive and goal-oriented. They have better things to do.

#2. There's a truly no-seniority promotion structure. If you work harder than everyone else, you can get promoted to management faster than everyone else, even people who have been around for years. So if you're driven by competition, this is the place for you. If you like a good challenge, like "do one more sale a week than the next guy and you can get to management faster and retire sooner"--if that kind of thing drives you to get out there and knock out your goals, this is the place (and it's not a dangling carrot--just ask the veterans who have done it).

#3. You get personal one-on-one coaching in sales, sales training, management, leadership, and personal development. You also get access to coaching from managers who have been with the company for 5, 10, 15 years who can vouch for the integrity of the company and the reality of the long-term career opportunity. Every one of them started where you are so you know they understand exactly where you are in your development, what your struggles are and how to guide you.

Cons

Hard work, having people tell you "no" (which is true of any sales job), and having to be personally accountable for your own performance. It's not for everyone. If you're NOT a hard-worker, if you're NOT goal-oriented, positive, competitive, and motivated by a challenge.... this is not the place for you.

Keep up the good work.

Summit Solutions Response

May 15, 2014President

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We are glad you enjoy our focused, yet positive work environment! We know that can be hard to come by, so we strive to have an atmosphere where our ... More

19 Other Employee Reviews for Summit Solutions (View Most Recent)

Very deceptive company, if you work for them you'll be sorry.

I worked at Summit Solutions

Pros

There honestly aren't any I can think of. They make it sound like a dream job but it's actually a commission only sales job and it's impossible to make decent money.

Cons

The actual job is nothing like how they describe it, very mean and insulting people, and it's practically impossible to make decent money.

Summit Solutions Response

May 15, 2014President

Thank you for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to email our HR department if you would like to offer any more specific feedback. We will not keep any managers on staff that are mean or insulting.

Great people who actually care about the growth and development of their employees

I worked at Summit Solutions

Pros

As a former college athlete this is the only work environment that rivals the mentorship and team atmosphere I thrived so well in back in college. Everyone who works here is a stud and they have a very high standard of who they hire and who they fire. I think that's awesome and it pushes me to work harder everyday knowing they chose me!!

Cons

The account managers make it look so easy but it's hard work and something that you really need to devote a lot of time to mastering many systems and skill sets. What you put in is what you get out. You can move up quickly but you better get your personal life in order or else it's going to affect your performance much more than your best friend who does data entry at Google.

There are newer employer reviews for Summit Solutions