Sumo Logic

www.sumologic.com
  www.sumologic.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sumo Logic

Big data, hyper growth, challenging engineering problems

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Sumo Logic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart, talented and experienced people committed to Company's success
Company is well positioned to be very successful in cloud + big data + analytics, strong growing list of customers.
Experienced leaders with deep domain knowledge in the service's main industry (ie, they know what they are doing)

Cons

Daily site up meeting is getting big with growth in the team, on one hand it's great having visibility into the daily production and blocking issues, on other hand it may not be most efficient any more.
Commute is a bit much for some people going to Redwood City
Interviewers set a very hire bar, some candidates who might be actually successful at Sumo may end up not getting an offer

Keep hiring the best experienced and proven leaders at the senior management level and the company will continue moving fast producing good results from happy employees. I know other companies have gotten into spot of keeping inexperienced/incompetent senior managers way longer than they should and it really suffocates and lowers morale, don't fall into that trap. Keep and maintain a hire bar and the company will do fine.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Sumo Logic (View Most Recent)

Sumo Logic, we log you long time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Sumo Logic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Senior management listens to concerns and are level headed, great coworkers, the environment is fun, there are a lot of events to participate in if you choose to, benefits are paid for (and good), lunch is catered daily : )

Cons

We are a startup so there are still growing pains that we are working through. One of them would be around an efficient immigration process.

Hire an HR Director. We need someone who actually has HR experience vs handing off the responsibility to someone who doesn't have the right background for it.

Great company. Fun place to work.

I have been working at Sumo Logic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best part of working at Sumo Logic is the people. Just about everyone is very talented and fun to work with. The chance to be a leader in a multi-billion dollar market makes it even better.

Cons

The commute is a pain but flexible hours make it better. No telecommute either.

It would be great to have more activities. For example, we only have a few hackathons per year.

There are newer employer reviews for Sumo Logic