There are newer employer reviews for Sumo Logic

Big data, hyper growth, challenging engineering problems

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Sumo Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart, talented and experienced people committed to Company's success
Company is well positioned to be very successful in cloud + big data + analytics, strong growing list of customers.
Experienced leaders with deep domain knowledge in the service's main industry (ie, they know what they are doing)

Cons

Daily site up meeting is getting big with growth in the team, on one hand it's great having visibility into the daily production and blocking issues, on other hand it may not be most efficient any more.
Commute is a bit much for some people going to Redwood City
Interviewers set a very hire bar, some candidates who might be actually successful at Sumo may end up not getting an offer

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the best experienced and proven leaders at the senior management level and the company will continue moving fast producing good results from happy employees. I know other companies have gotten into spot of keeping inexperienced/incompetent senior managers way longer than they should and it really suffocates and lowers morale, don't fall into that trap. Keep and maintain a hire bar and the company will do fine.

Apr 17, 2015Recruiting

Thank you so much for your insight. Hiring great talent is a top priority for Sumo and we invest a lot of effort in making sure we hire the best. Commuting/parking is an area we are working on to ... More

reviews filtered by

Sumo Logic, we log you long time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Sumo Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Senior management listens to concerns and are level headed, great coworkers, the environment is fun, there are a lot of events to participate in if you choose to, benefits are paid for (and good), lunch is catered daily : )

Cons

We are a startup so there are still growing pains that we are working through. One of them would be around an efficient immigration process.

Advice to Management

Hire an HR Director. We need someone who actually has HR experience vs handing off the responsibility to someone who doesn't have the right background for it.

Apr 17, 2015Recruiting

After starting at Sumo, our CEO made it a priority to hire a VP of People. It is the people of Sumo that are important to him. They are the ones that think of our customers and how to solve their ... More

Great company. Fun place to work.

I have been working at Sumo Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part of working at Sumo Logic is the people. Just about everyone is very talented and fun to work with. The chance to be a leader in a multi-billion dollar market makes it even better.

Cons

The commute is a pain but flexible hours make it better. No telecommute either.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have more activities. For example, we only have a few hackathons per year.

Apr 17, 2015Recruiting

Good Idea! More events would be good to help build better relationships between coworkers! Commuting/parking and telework are being addressed so we can do our best work. Thank you for your comment!