Sun Chemical

www.sunchemical.com
  www.sunchemical.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sun Chemical

The people are nice, but the job was just ok.

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Accounts Payable Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sun Chemical

Pros

People were friendly. Flexible hours and the pay wasn't too bad.

Cons

Incompetent management. Policies and procedures would change too frequently. Some backstabbing between employees and even management.

Just be a little more receptive to employee feedback and suggestions. The employees are the cogs of the system, not the managers hiding away in their offices.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Sun Chemical (View Most Recent)

Great Company except the Atlanta Management Nazis

Current Employee - Inplant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Inplant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sun Chemical

Pros

All other divisions are extremely fair and pro employee / family. Top of the pay scale, awesome support and training! Quick problem resolution. Midwest and Northeast are top notch Managers

Cons

Atlanta division is run by cut throats. Blatant disregard for onsite Managers putting them out there as a sacrificial lamb. NO respect, always yelling and threatening your job. Unequal disciplinary process as rules and disciplinary actions are only for some workers. Deceptive promises, NO support for technical issues just voice-mail then full retaliation for not calling.

Division managers need to be consistent. Don't let one run rampant to the point customers start screaming and swearing at the in plant staff. Listen to the people in the customers locations.

Loved What I Did, Not Who I Worked For

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sun Chemical

Pros

I enjoyed the flexibility in my schedule, especially working with me on continuing my education. Loved what I did and who I worked with. Clear performance goals for each year's review process. Ability to easily change safety and operating procedures to increase productivity and create a safer work environment.

Cons

Benefits were being decreased and removed, i.e. tuition reimbursement and retirement plan canceled. Promised promotion two years in a row and never received it. Very little encouragement of knowledge building and no exchange of information between departments to help share knowledge.

Encourage employees to advance their degrees and knowledge. Provide more opportunities to network and exchange ideas both internally and externally. Perform management evaluation from the employees perspective to know how the two interact.

There are newer employer reviews for Sun Chemical