Sun Chemical

www.sunchemical.com
  www.sunchemical.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sun Chemical

Decent company with poor leadership

Former Employee - Distribution Leader in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Distribution Leader in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sun Chemical

Pros

Well known in the ink industry.
Co-workers were easy to work with.
Decent locations and facillities

Cons

VP's have a dis-connect from whats going on in the factory floor. Interview process was done on phone and skype, I never met the VP I reported to face to face until after I started with Sun. This was a HUGE mistake on my part, the VP was the least personable executive I have ever had to deal with. His complete lack of personnel awareness, lead to poor reactions to items he disagreed with in group meeting.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Sun Chemical (View Most Recent)

The people are nice, but the job was just ok.

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sun Chemical

Pros

People were friendly. Flexible hours and the pay wasn't too bad.

Cons

Incompetent management. Policies and procedures would change too frequently. Some backstabbing between employees and even management.

Just be a little more receptive to employee feedback and suggestions. The employees are the cogs of the system, not the managers hiding away in their offices.

Great Company except the Atlanta Management Nazis

Current Employee - Inplant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Inplant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sun Chemical

Pros

All other divisions are extremely fair and pro employee / family. Top of the pay scale, awesome support and training! Quick problem resolution. Midwest and Northeast are top notch Managers

Cons

Atlanta division is run by cut throats. Blatant disregard for onsite Managers putting them out there as a sacrificial lamb. NO respect, always yelling and threatening your job. Unequal disciplinary process as rules and disciplinary actions are only for some workers. Deceptive promises, NO support for technical issues just voice-mail then full retaliation for not calling.

Division managers need to be consistent. Don't let one run rampant to the point customers start screaming and swearing at the in plant staff. Listen to the people in the customers locations.

There are newer employer reviews for Sun Chemical