There are newer employer reviews for Sun Chemical

Decent company with poor leadership

Former Employee - Distribution Leader in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Distribution Leader in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sun Chemical

Pros

Well known in the ink industry.
Co-workers were easy to work with.
Decent locations and facillities

Cons

VP's have a dis-connect from whats going on in the factory floor. Interview process was done on phone and skype, I never met the VP I reported to face to face until after I started with Sun. This was a HUGE mistake on my part, the VP was the least personable executive I have ever had to deal with. His complete lack of personnel awareness, lead to poor reactions to items he disagreed with in group meeting.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Very rewarding and valuable, but it lacked appreciation from upper management.

Former Employee - Analytical Chemist Co-op in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Analytical Chemist Co-op in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sun Chemical

Pros

Those not in an upper management position are great and always helpful. Projects tend to get done quickly.

Cons

There was a lack of communication between upper management and those below. Even with the knowledge and experience of those not in the upper management positions, upper management tended to ignore many ideas and requests the rest had to offer.

Advice to Management

Don't be so narrow minded and self-righteous. Plenty of people have great ideas which could help many areas of Sun Chemical prosper and achieve new goals. Just be willing to listen more, collaborate on new ideas and stop thinking your way or the highway. It's a company that depends on new ideas and the production of those ideas, just listen.

2. The people are nice, but the job was just ok.

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sun Chemical

Pros

People were friendly. Flexible hours and the pay wasn't too bad.

Cons

Incompetent management. Policies and procedures would change too frequently. Some backstabbing between employees and even management.

Advice to Management

Just be a little more receptive to employee feedback and suggestions. The employees are the cogs of the system, not the managers hiding away in their offices.