Sun Healthcare

www.sunh.com

Some first rate people, some lousy managers.

Too Obvious (Former Employee)

ProsIf you're with some of the more experienced healthcare [professional thwe work can be fun and engaging. There are some employees who have been around a lot and are will to share the benefit of their experiences. I was fortunate enought to also work in a group that respected a healthy balance between work, family life, and owntime.

ConsSome of the middle managers and junior execs don't have much breadth. They talk a good line but they don't really seem to be paying attention. The culture of layoffs and cutbacks has put a lot of poeple in a defensive mode - very little open discussion or planning. No opportunities for goal setting of meaningful work evaluations. Terrible HR resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen. Most of the people that I've met at Sun really like their work and want to make a contribution. Cultivate leaders in management rather bosses.

Engaging, fast paced environment in a challenging industry

Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Sun Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros: Large publicly traded company that treats it employees like a small business would. Ability to move… Cons: Skilled nursing industry is facing revenue challenges. Rate cuts from Medicare and… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Interesting work; terrible management and benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Sun Healthcare full-time

Pros: Fun working environment Free gym/pool Interesting projects Good hours Cons: Terrible healthcare benefits, no 401K match, terrible management, little vacation… Advice to Senior Management: Find better leaders. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sun Healthcare.

Worked for Sun Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!