Sun Life

www.sunlife.com
  www.sunlife.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sun Life

A decent but boring place to work

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Wellesley Hills, MA
Former Employee - IT Analyst in Wellesley Hills, MA

I worked at Sun Life

Pros

Stable, traditional company. The hours are reasonable and the work is fine. Decent location.

Cons

It's not the fault of Sun Life, but the business is really boring and there's not much opportunity there to do anything exciting or different. The projects worked on seemed to be the same year after year. Also there are a good number of "lifers" there that seemed to have a hard time catching on with technology. It was also frustrating that some areas were short-staffed while others seemed wildly overstaffed.

There was a lot of lip service about just doing the things that mattered and becoming more nimble, but ironically it took ages to see any impact of that. My advice would be to set up a pilot of some kind to investigate ways of getting things done faster, better, etc. Also realize who the dinosaurs are and make sure they don't get in the way.

314 Other Employee Reviews for Sun Life (View Most Recent)

Financial Advisor Interview: A formal meeting with the Sales manager. Very general questions were asked.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Sun Life full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A very simple introduction, nothing like a serious interview. An online career profile was given to do. It took some time, next day I got a call from Co. that I passed my career profile and need to see them next day for my initial interview.

Cons

You have to clear your licence exam and invest a decent amount of money before start earning. Your pay checks will be based on your sales. This position is not for every one.

Overall a good place for beginner

Former Employee - Credit Risk Analyst in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Credit Risk Analyst in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I worked at Sun Life full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work pace is not fast and you have a good balance of life and work. They have rotation program and you can take advantage of it to have experience of different jobs.

Cons

Pay is low and the career path is not so clear, and the promotion could be very slow sometime.

There are newer employer reviews for Sun Life