Summer Internship

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I worked at Sun Life as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The work environment is very collegial and from my experience, all my co-workers were more than happy to help me out.

Cons

Since I was an Intern working for a four month period, there were no significant cons about Sun Life that caught my attention. If I were with the organization longer, I would probably be able to provide more details.

Keep up the two way communication and maintain that collegial work environment.

Other Reviews for Sun Life

IT Guys becareful in case you want to join Sun life India Service Center

I worked at Sun Life

Pros

Not applicable to this company

Cons

If you are willing to join the Sun Life India Service Center in Gurgaon, then please take a look at following facts and then decide if you still want to join.

In early 2012, Sun Life USA decided to shut down few lines of business. Company annouced 800 job cuts at its US center. Almost a third of total workforce.

Indian center head gives assurance to the impacted IT resources totalling 160 that no one will be fired and gives assurance of job security.

Senior Managers and senior people start getting migrated to other projects. Management does not even tell other people on what basis the migration has started. Management still gives assurance of 100% migration.

Resumes of all other resources sought by respective leaders. People think that they will ge given relevant roles as per their skills but poor resources were not aware that what going on in management mind.

When after some month, people don't get any information from their managers and bosses, people start getting nervous and start quitting. Management again comes and gives false assurance to stay back. People start believing management.

After 6 month, one day a director speaks with the team who got migrated and tells them about possible layoff's. The other director comes out and assure others that there is no such thing and don't worry.

1 week after this, on a friday you may call its black friday of Sun Life India Center, management shifts a team of 32 people to seperate location where firing takes place. Thats whopping 11% of Indian center <300 IT resources.

Can you believe a 5 year old company doing such thing to its IT resources. Would you still like to join this company where the management itself can't be trusted leave apart the bosses who are of the same category.

Stressful work environment based excessively on weekly performances

Former Employee - Disabilities Case Manager  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Disabilities Case Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Sun Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good salary and insurance coverage.

Cons

Competitive environment with weekly statistics on your performances;
    Strongly limits a human client approach.

Stressful work environment and lots of burnout leaves!!

There are newer employer reviews for Sun Life.

Worked for Sun Life? Contribute to the Community!