There are newer employer reviews for Sun Life

A good place to work

Current Employee - Distribution  in  Wellesley, MA
Current Employee - Distribution in Wellesley, MA

I have been working at Sun Life full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Enthusiastic employees willing to do what it takes to get the job done. Nice benefits, and work hour flexibility. Up to date with technology - like iPads and iPhones.

Cons

Systems are antiquated. Makes getting the job done difficult and time intensive. Legacy systems don't talk to each other and the result is that the customer suffers

Invest in updating the systems. Look into six sigma process improvement to move the dial effectively.

290 Other Employee Reviews for Sun Life (View Most Recent)

Was a great place to work until the life insurance division went down the tubes

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wellesley, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

I worked at Sun Life full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, competitive pay, is accessible via public transportation, and offered (the past tense being emphasized) opportunities to grow and build a career. The people with whom I worked were some of the most hardworking, friendly, and cooperative co-workers that I've ever met. Overall the environment used to be positive and geared toward productivity.

Cons

Due to a constant shifting of upper level management over the past four years and those individuals' business decisions, the overall mood of the company changed from "we're a team" to "it's every man for himself." Another frustrating thing is that, for many positions, once you're employed there is a freeze in terms of moving to other jobs or department, sometimes lasting two years. The regulation is understandable, but stifling all the same.

Attempt to recruit some new blood in hopes of rebuilding some of the positivity from the past, because many of the employees are still jaded and unhappy.

Sun Life

Former Employee - Customer Service Consultant  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Sun Life full-time

Pros

Great corporate communication. Terrific benefits. Excellent at seeking employee engagement. Nice rewards and employee recognition programs. Great perks; i.e., gym membership assistance, Charitable matching grant program, tuition assistance, EAP and rewards for participation in wellness programs. Love the Global Learning Center course availability.

Cons

Usual challenge of working for huge corporation. US operations in Eastern Time Zone and my business unit was in Pacific Time Zone. Bonus structure has complicated formula. Not as easy to grow in career as I'd like. Frequent restructuring of sales and distribution units.

There are newer employer reviews for Sun Life

Worked for Sun Life? Contribute to the Community!