Sun Microsystems
www.sun.com Santa Clara, CA 5000+ Employees

First 15 years were amazing, last three under Jonathan Schwartz were terrible die to his leadership

Senior Director (Former Employee)
Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Sun Microsystems full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSmart people, latitude to do great things, flexible work environment, collaborative culture (for the most part). Scott and Ed were great leaders, JS was not!

ConsPolitics abounded. Jonathan Schwartz drove the company into the ground all by himself and fired anyone who disagreed with him. CMO was a joke and just sucked up to management rather than lead a marketing function.

Once great company that lost it's way.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sun Microsystems

Pros: Incredible talent: extremely smart, very dedicated, hard-working people who believed… Cons: Inability to adapt, alter course and make difficult resource decisions. Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to say "No." More

It was great in the old days

Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee)
Irvine, CA

I worked at Sun Microsystems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Love working on various equipment Cons: Lack of parts and distance is too great to drive Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the middle management No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Sun Microsystems.

Worked for Sun Microsystems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sun Microsystems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sun Microsystems CEO Lawrence J. Ellison. All reviews posted anonymously by Sun Microsystems employees.