Sun Products Corporation

There are newer employer reviews for Sun Products Corporation

Pretty good

Former Employee - Production Line Specialist in Bowling Green, KY
Former Employee - Production Line Specialist in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Sun Products Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good experience, not too satisfying, company wants to be a strong player int the market, but still it is hard to compete with Procter and Gamble

Cons

Not too many bad sides, but they could have a better understanding of what the true talent is, management was mostly friendly and understanding

Keep up the good work, but do not forget to see people's real talents

45 Other Employee Reviews for Sun Products Corporation (View Most Recent)

A environment powered by a consistent drive to partner with quality retailers and maximize success through teamwork.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

I have been working at Sun Products Corporation

Pros

Friendly workplace atmosphere
    Expectation to consistently grow your knowledge and skills to better compete.
    Best in class industry competition keeps everyone striving for excellence.
    Teamwork driven
    Solid compensation package

Cons

Managers often come from drastically different backgrounds which can lead to conflict in deciding the best approach to problem solving

The strongest possible direction is consistently needed from the CEO to direct reports in order to minimize potential conflicts in how to handle marketplace threats. Having "old school" vs "new school" approaches can be leveraged as a great strength but without strong direction can easily lead to in-fighting and slowing of market response time.

A Satisfying Job for a Young Professional

Current Employee - Shipping Coordinator in Bowling Green, KY
    Current Employee - Shipping Coordinator in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Sun Products Corporation

Pros

As a young professional striving to make it on their own, I've found Huish Detergents/ Sun Products to be a satisfying job and a rewarding workplace. I have observed managment and found them to be fair, competent, fun, but also very serious about their job. They run their offices with an air both casual and professional allowing for an employee to be at ease as well as efficient. This atmosphere makes it easy for an employee to approach a senior member with questions or concerns improving the quality of work. I find personally that I put forth a better effort to avoid disappointing my supervisors than I would if they were removed and aloof from the people they are responsible for. I have observed poor work resulting in discipline and satisfactory work resulting in praise and advancement. The workplace is well maintained and very cleanly, in fact it is the cleanliest and most orderly factory I have ever worked for. Safety is a high priority and taken very seriously, I feel very secure in my work environment. The compensation and benefits package is competitive, I am mostly satisfied with my pay and benefits. Overall, I give four out of five stars to Huish Detergents/ Sun Products as a top employer in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Cons

Training, however, is a bit lackluster. I found myself intimidated by my trainer and very hesitant to approach them with material I was unsure about. Training can be a bi overwhelming and confusing, leaving the employee uncomfortable and confused about the work they are doing. I found approaching employees other that my trainer was the key to making it through training. I also was not provided alot of information in regards to my schedule or equipment I would need for work. However, even after I left training and went to my regular shift, I found my fellow employees very helpful in assisting me with tasks and material I was unfamiliar with. Never once have I been scolded for asking a question.

My only concern would be more attention to training. It is very scattered and random. I feel standardizing the training program would be most beneficial. Management as a whole is very satisfactory, I feel I have leadership without being monitored too closely.

There are newer employer reviews for Sun Products Corporation