Sun Products Corporation

www.sunproductscorp.com

A Satisfying Job for a Young Professional

Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) Bowling Green, KY

ProsAs a young professional striving to make it on their own, I've found Huish Detergents/ Sun Products to be a satisfying job and a rewarding workplace. I have observed managment and found them to be fair, competent, fun, but also very serious about their job. They run their offices with an air both casual and professional allowing for an employee to be at ease as well as efficient. This atmosphere makes it easy for an employee to approach a senior member with questions or concerns improving the quality of work. I find personally that I put forth a better effort to avoid disappointing my supervisors than I would if they were removed and aloof from the people they are responsible for. I have observed poor work resulting in discipline and satisfactory work resulting in praise and advancement. The workplace is well maintained and very cleanly, in fact it is the cleanliest and most orderly factory I have ever worked for. Safety is a high priority and taken very seriously, I feel very secure in my work environment. The compensation and benefits package is competitive, I am mostly satisfied with my pay and benefits. Overall, I give four out of five stars to Huish Detergents/ Sun Products as a top employer in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

ConsTraining, however, is a bit lackluster. I found myself intimidated by my trainer and very hesitant to approach them with material I was unsure about. Training can be a bi overwhelming and confusing, leaving the employee uncomfortable and confused about the work they are doing. I found approaching employees other that my trainer was the key to making it through training. I also was not provided alot of information in regards to my schedule or equipment I would need for work. However, even after I left training and went to my regular shift, I found my fellow employees very helpful in assisting me with tasks and material I was unfamiliar with. Never once have I been scolded for asking a question.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only concern would be more attention to training. It is very scattered and random. I feel standardizing the training program would be most beneficial. Management as a whole is very satisfactory, I feel I have leadership without being monitored too closely.

Exciting new company with growing pains.

R&D Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Sun Products Corporation

Pros: Sun provides many work opportunities to interns with little or no hand holding. Management is well organized and communicate project demands effectively. The office culture… Cons: Understaffed, poor communication between regional offices, essential resources were scarce. Human… Advice to Senior Management: Better staff research and development, standardize intern requirements, improve on-boarding, and develop… More

Laid-back working environment

I have been working at Sun Products Corporation

Pros: Laid-back working environment. Easy going management Cons: Lot of politics. Disorganized. No opportunity to promote. Lack communication… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sun Products Corporation.

Worked for Sun Products Corporation? Contribute to the Community!