Sun Products Corporation

A Satisfying Job for a Young Professional

Current Employee - Shipping Coordinator in Bowling Green, KY
Current Employee - Shipping Coordinator in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Sun Products Corporation

Pros

As a young professional striving to make it on their own, I've found Huish Detergents/ Sun Products to be a satisfying job and a rewarding workplace. I have observed managment and found them to be fair, competent, fun, but also very serious about their job. They run their offices with an air both casual and professional allowing for an employee to be at ease as well as efficient. This atmosphere makes it easy for an employee to approach a senior member with questions or concerns improving the quality of work. I find personally that I put forth a better effort to avoid disappointing my supervisors than I would if they were removed and aloof from the people they are responsible for. I have observed poor work resulting in discipline and satisfactory work resulting in praise and advancement. The workplace is well maintained and very cleanly, in fact it is the cleanliest and most orderly factory I have ever worked for. Safety is a high priority and taken very seriously, I feel very secure in my work environment. The compensation and benefits package is competitive, I am mostly satisfied with my pay and benefits. Overall, I give four out of five stars to Huish Detergents/ Sun Products as a top employer in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Cons

Training, however, is a bit lackluster. I found myself intimidated by my trainer and very hesitant to approach them with material I was unsure about. Training can be a bi overwhelming and confusing, leaving the employee uncomfortable and confused about the work they are doing. I found approaching employees other that my trainer was the key to making it through training. I also was not provided alot of information in regards to my schedule or equipment I would need for work. However, even after I left training and went to my regular shift, I found my fellow employees very helpful in assisting me with tasks and material I was unfamiliar with. Never once have I been scolded for asking a question.

My only concern would be more attention to training. It is very scattered and random. I feel standardizing the training program would be most beneficial. Management as a whole is very satisfactory, I feel I have leadership without being monitored too closely.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Sun Products Corporation (View Most Recent)

It's cool, but too many people are leaving.

I have been working at Sun Products Corporation

Pros

PEOPLE, teamwork, happiness, very very collaborative within locations

Cons

overload, unclear path for growth, sadness, silos between plants and locations

Exciting new company with growing pains.

Former Employee - R&D Intern
    Former Employee - R&D Intern

I worked at Sun Products Corporation

Pros

Sun provides many work opportunities to interns with little or no hand holding. Management is well organized and communicate project demands effectively. The office culture was friendly, with an emphasis on networking and work life balance for all. Dedicated to the adaptation of SAP. Compensation was competitive. Interns are encouraged to work cross functionally to improve educational opportunities.

Cons

Understaffed, poor communication between regional offices, essential resources were scarce. Human resource management and internal disorganization were among the most difficult issues.

Better staff research and development, standardize intern requirements, improve on-boarding, and develop better relationships between regional locations. Continue to have fun, and encourage team work.

There are newer employer reviews for Sun Products Corporation