Sun-Sentinel

www.sun-sentinel.com

My experience was great right up until the point at which my job was eliminated, after 20 years of excellent reviews.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was great until about 2007. Lots of resources, lots of support, lots of room for creativity and self-motivation. Happiest I've ever been professionally was at the Sun-Sentinel. Then I was tossed from the 10th floor.

ConsI can't think of a single one, except that my job disappeared. At least I wasn't lonely as I was swept out the door. Two or three hundred other competent journalists were encouraged to find other employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some journalists. Your product is a shadow of what it was even three years ago. it looks like a shopper, not a newspaper, and your remaining journalists are working themselves to death.

great place to learn about corporate america

Digital Sales (Former Employee) Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at Sun-Sentinel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: lots of training- awesome people Cons: everyone is concerned with the bottom line they forget about… Advice to Senior Management: pay more attention to the folks doing the work and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The Copy Editing desk was amazing

Intern (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Sun-Sentinel as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Highly professional editing staff, great location, excellent opportunity for great… Cons: Jaded reporters and low pay. Editors failed to give proper… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your future and take your interns seriously. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sun-Sentinel.

Worked for Sun-Sentinel? Contribute to the Community!