There are newer employer reviews for Sun-Sentinel

A company with bad judgement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Deerfield Beach, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at Sun-Sentinel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working hour flexibility, enormous commissions and bonuses for sales, lower level managers are nice to work with.

Cons

Lack of minority & women diversity in management and salaried jobs, non-sales employees don't receive bonuses or salary raises.

Be more accepting of change and stop resisting it. Allow new ideas to flourish. The philosophies that worked 15 years ago no longer work today.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Sun-Sentinel (View Most Recent)

not trying hard enough

Former Employee - Editorial  in  South Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Editorial in South Florida, FL

I worked at Sun-Sentinel

Pros

freedom to do work on your own ideas and work with very talented people.

Cons

set in the old ways... dictated by a corporate structure 1500 miles away. We made all the money and they spent it so fast that the company had to be sold....Zell (new owner)is trying but they (staff) still don't get it.

open your eyes and move fast on new ideas. you have good people. Ask them how to reinvent the business..This is a seat of the pants feeling....... they are not teaching this stuff in school...

I worked at Sun-Sentinel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It was great until about 2007. Lots of resources, lots of support, lots of room for creativity and self-motivation. Happiest I've ever been professionally was at the Sun-Sentinel. Then I was tossed from the 10th floor.

Cons

I can't think of a single one, except that my job disappeared. At least I wasn't lonely as I was swept out the door. Two or three hundred other competent journalists were encouraged to find other employment.

Hire some journalists. Your product is a shadow of what it was even three years ago. it looks like a shopper, not a newspaper, and your remaining journalists are working themselves to death.

There are newer employer reviews for Sun-Sentinel

Worked for Sun-Sentinel? Contribute to the Community!