There are newer employer reviews for Sun-Sentinel

not trying hard enough

Former Employee - Editorial in South Florida, FL
Former Employee - Editorial in South Florida, FL

I worked at Sun-Sentinel

Pros

freedom to do work on your own ideas and work with very talented people.

Cons

set in the old ways... dictated by a corporate structure 1500 miles away. We made all the money and they spent it so fast that the company had to be sold....Zell (new owner)is trying but they (staff) still don't get it.

open your eyes and move fast on new ideas. you have good people. Ask them how to reinvent the business..This is a seat of the pants feeling....... they are not teaching this stuff in school...

9 Other Employee Reviews for Sun-Sentinel (View Most Recent)

I worked at Sun-Sentinel full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It was great until about 2007. Lots of resources, lots of support, lots of room for creativity and self-motivation. Happiest I've ever been professionally was at the Sun-Sentinel. Then I was tossed from the 10th floor.

Cons

I can't think of a single one, except that my job disappeared. At least I wasn't lonely as I was swept out the door. Two or three hundred other competent journalists were encouraged to find other employment.

Hire some journalists. Your product is a shadow of what it was even three years ago. it looks like a shopper, not a newspaper, and your remaining journalists are working themselves to death.

great place to learn about corporate america

Former Employee - Digital Sales in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Digital Sales in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at Sun-Sentinel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

lots of training- awesome people

Cons

everyone is concerned with the bottom line they forget about he employees and are losing talented people.

pay more attention to the folks doing the work and help them grow or you wll lose them.

There are newer employer reviews for Sun-Sentinel