Sun-Sentinel

www.sun-sentinel.com

A steady job, but don't expect much advancement

Production Artist (Former Employee) Deerfield Beach, FL

ProsSlightly better pay for graphic artist jobs. Full health benefits and the ability to accrue paid vacation time. Other job opportunities in the company to apply for. Day or nighttime shifts.

ConsThe company offers very little or no raises at an employee's yearly review. New positions are very commonly treated as lateral moves so there's no extra pay for transferring. There is a lot of micro-management. Morale is low as the newspaper industry in general is suffering.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on new money-generating ideas and stop bombarding the employees with processes and procedures. Also consider offering raises to all your employers rather than just bonuses for upper management.

A company with bad judgement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at Sun-Sentinel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Working hour flexibility, enormous commissions and bonuses for sales, lower… Cons: Lack of minority & women diversity in management and salaried… Advice to Senior Management: Be more accepting of change and stop resisting it. Allow new ideas… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

not trying hard enough

Editorial (Former Employee) South Florida, FL

I worked at Sun-Sentinel

Pros: freedom to do work on your own ideas and work… Cons: set in the old ways... dictated by a corporate structure 1500 miles away. We made all the money and they spent… Advice to Senior Management: open your eyes and move fast on new ideas. you have good people. Ask them how to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sun-Sentinel.

Worked for Sun-Sentinel? Contribute to the Community!