Sun-Times
www.thesuntimesgroup.com Chicago, IL

Wonderful. I was laid off after 16 years, and the Post-Tribune recognized my worth.

Reporting Correspondent (Current Employee)
Crown Point, IN

I have been working at Sun-Times as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI was hoping for a full-time position, but the editors worked with me on a correspondent contract that has kept me working and pays the bills.

ConsThere are so few full-timers that a call to the newsroom goes to voicemail. I have to anticipate breaking news in a competitive situation and let the editors know ahead of time, or the other local paper will beat me to web. Some of my competitive stories are held over to weekend editions, and I get beat. The usual. Having been an assigning editor, I understand it. I just don't like it.

Advice to Senior ManagementWell, put me on the job full-time , for starters. Heheh. At full-time salary and exempt from hourly pay, I'd be laying down roots the community and turning out three times the copy I produce now.

Great people, unclear mission

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sun-Times

Pros: The big name recognition is great. It can help you move from… Cons: Honestly the company mission seems unclear to me and it seems like the different departments don't work together to make the company… More

Leaky Boat Floundering at Sea but the Captain is More Worried about his Palm Tree

Information Technologies Systems Support (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Sun-Times

Pros: Anything you wanted to learn was available if you wanted it. Peers were helpful and committed to seeing a paper get out every… Cons: Long hours with little or no recompense. Very little in the way of recognition of effort and personal sacrifice from higher management. Pay increases and… Advice to Senior Management: Come see what is really happening in the front line trenches. Your generals aren't providing you with the actual information you should have to be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sun-Times.

Worked for Sun-Times? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sun-Times reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sun-Times CEO Timothy P. Knight. All reviews posted anonymously by Sun-Times employees.