Sun-Times

www.thesuntimesgroup.com

Great Entry Level

Current Employee - Acoount Executive  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Acoount Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great Pay Structure: community outreach.

Cons

Nothing really, sometimes the goals are hard to reach--but if you work hard you will hit them!

More motivation would be great! Have more events.

Other reviews for Sun-Times

Wonderful. I was laid off after 16 years, and the Post-Tribune recognized my worth.

Current Employee - Reporting Correspondent  in  Crown Point, IN
    Current Employee - Reporting Correspondent in Crown Point, IN

Pros

I was hoping for a full-time position, but the editors worked with me on a correspondent contract that has kept me working and pays the bills.

Cons

There are so few full-timers that a call to the newsroom goes to voicemail. I have to anticipate breaking news in a competitive situation and let the editors know ahead of time, or the other local paper will beat me to web. Some of my competitive stories are held over to weekend editions, and I get beat. The usual. Having been an assigning editor, I understand it. I just don't like it.

Well, put me on the job full-time , for starters. Heheh. At full-time salary and exempt from hourly pay, I'd be laying down roots the community and turning out three times the copy I produce now.

Great people, unclear mission

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

The big name recognition is great. It can help you move from entry level to mid level if you use it the right way.

Cons

Honestly the company mission seems unclear to me and it seems like the different departments don't work together to make the company better. Everyone is nice for sure but the bottom line would be better served by a little conflict to encourage growth and honesty.

There are newer employer reviews for Sun-Times.

Worked for Sun-Times? Contribute to the Community!