SunEdison

There are newer employer reviews for SunEdison

Nice place to work

Former Employee - Ruby On Rails Developer in Belmont, CA
Former Employee - Ruby On Rails Developer in Belmont, CA

I worked at SunEdison full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nearly every developer I worked with had made some major contributions to major software projects in the silicon valley - a lot of veterans

Immediate opportunity to make contributions to code-base and own projects

Absolutely beautiful building and location

3 weeks vacation, medical, dental available immediately after getting hired

Unlike most companies, they respected and even found honorable my getting fired from previous job as a result of standing up to nepotism in previous company - they wanted to guard against this in their own company as well - and while I was with the company for 11 months I saw no nepotism or favoritism whatsoever.

Opportunity to work on agile or non-agile teams

Good designers to work with

When my boss and mentor left the company four months after starting, I was quickly assigned a new manager

Cons

Since MEMC acquirement company uses CIGNA insurance which is difficult to find good specialty doctors for in CA

Too many technologies used in many cases for no good reason - should use smaller set of technologies in system to make things simpler

Give stock options to developers - besides that you are doing a good job

71 Other Employee Reviews for SunEdison (View Most Recent)

Great people and interesting work, but slightly disorganized overall.

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering Intern in Belmont, CA
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering Intern in Belmont, CA

I worked at SunEdison as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As an intern, it was nice to have such amazing bosses who were great mentors. The work is also pretty interesting and innovative.

Cons

There was some disorganization working in the newer Residential and Small Commercial department. This led to a slight feeling of instability in the position and the engineering group as a whole.

Don't beleive all the haters...this company is dynamic, creative thinking and fun

Former Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SunEdison full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SunEd is a great company...I was with the org for 3 1/2 years and I can tell there are a lot of "haters" posting. There's no doubt the company has gone through a trying period the last few years, but no different than the solar market as a whole. I can tell you the organization has streamilned (most of the complaints on here I'm sure are from a lot of the dead wood that was let go) and is in a much better place. The leadership are making strides to refine the culture and I can see it daily. We had a lot of growth, both organic and not and the integration with some of the acquisitions could have been better. However, the company is full of bright, caring folks that are passionate about what they do.

Cons

Needs to have better systems + better processes...too many bottlenecks and trust your senior team...not every decision needs to be made by the president

Stay on top of communicating with your employees...spend money on systems and processes that make sense. Give your managers more rope to make decisions; they are the backbone and are in the know...trust them.

There are newer employer reviews for SunEdison