There are newer employer reviews for SunGard

Overall SunGard has been a good company to work for

Current Employee - Consultant  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at SunGard

Pros

one of the best things that I like working for SunGard is their flexibility in work schedules and their understanding of the balance of work and family. They do that better then any other company I have worked for.

Cons

In certain areas growth is not the easiest, the structure is more flat which is bad and good but makes climbing the corporate ladder difficult.

266 Other Employee Reviews for SunGard (View Most Recent)

Company in transition

Current Employee - Global Director  in  Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Global Director in Wayne, PA

I have been working at SunGard

Pros

Liked the people I worked with.

Cons

SunGard is owned by large private equity companies. Their focus right now is cost reduction, even if it means cutting essential services, especially in the finance and accounting area. They are also an aggressive outsourcing company, moving many jobs to India.

Until the 'liquidity event" happens, which will probably be in 2012, there is not much they can do. Cutting costs doesn't mean you get a better product or better information.

It is OK, but not great.

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Wayne, PA

I have been working at SunGard

Pros

The working environment is good and the benefit is sort of acceptable. It is OK to start and be there for couple of years.

Cons

Growth opportunity is limited. Management doe not really have clear vision for the employee. Sometime feels like management does not want to see you grow. You won't get the position until you leave the job. The management feeling appears like daily job is going OK, so why need to promote someone.

I believe employees should be rewarded when they are loyal to the company and do good work. If someone is not qualified for the next level, there should be some program to prepare her/him for that, therwise why the employee would stick with the company. The career growth should be clearly defined for the employee, otherwise talented people will always make this comany as a station to move somewhere else.

There are newer employer reviews for SunGard

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!