SunGard

www.sungard.com
  www.sungard.com
There are newer employer reviews for SunGard

Poor Customer Service and Quality.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Birmingham, AL
Former Employee - Project Manager in Birmingham, AL

I worked at SunGard

Pros

You can be a slacker and still get a paycheck.

Cons

You represent a company with a reputation for poor customer service and poor quality. SunGard focuses solely on Sales and does not strive for good customer service or product quality. They sell a client a bad product and then when the client complains they try to sell them another product that won't be as bad.

Change focus away from sales and toward product quality and customer service. At some point a viable competitor will enter the market and take business away from you, if they haven't already. Or clients will go back to in-house solutions. Clients will not put up with poor quality and service forever.

285 Other Employee Reviews for SunGard (View Most Recent)

Work here if you like long hours and low pay checks

Current Employee - Consultant in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Wayne, PA

I have been working at SunGard

Pros

Could not ask for a better group of people to work with.

Cons

Long hours with no compensation. The pay is very low when compared to the industry standards. Many jobs being outsourced to India. No formal training of any kind on any systems used in the day to day job. Many tasks are boring and relate nothing to the business what so ever. Management is often times too busy on the phone to help out thier employees. Spend hours upon hours playing phone tag with other departments and business units.

Need to learn how to manage people better. Management needs to realize that people have lives outside of work. They also need to start paying people for overtime, comp days just arent going to cut it for the amount of work that people do around here.

You benefit at SunGard if you do the work

Current Employee - QA Tester in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - QA Tester in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SunGard

Pros

As a long tenured employee if SunGard, I have seen many changes over the years. Overall SunGard is a good place to work. For the most part, the management team has taken the time to develop their skills as managers. I receive regular feedback on how I am performing and what I need to do to receive a promotion. The team I work with at SunGard are all solid performers and are always willing to give you a hand if you get stuck. WE have learned to work as a virtual team which includes employees from all over the world.

Cons

SunGard needs to establish a formal telecommuting policy so all employees are treated fairly.

Treat all employees farily regardless of location.

There are newer employer reviews for SunGard