Balancing Act.....

Former Employee - Consulting in New York, NY
Former Employee - Consulting in New York, NY

I worked at SunGard

Pros

We work within an exciting, cutting edge industry. Good benefits package, small BU. Relaxed environment. We have some very smart people within organization. Learning a blend of finance/accounting plus technology is helpful and never gets boring

Cons

Senior management does not communicte effectively. Promotions are made by seniority, not ability. No Accountability within organization, no standard operating platform. Poor leadership; managers do not set positive example for employees to follow. Morale is low due to inconsistent recognition of performance. Learning on the job can be improved by senior employees teaching others.

Advice to Management

Be consistent in your actions/communications. Recognize people who work hard and put have their heart, head and hands on the line for the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good Company, a little on the unfair side- needs stronger management./ better communication

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Birmingham, AL

I worked at SunGard

Pros

As a consultant the bonus program is very good and helpful to your overall compensation. Most management were supportive of a good balance between work and home life even if you traveled a lot. Benefits were competitive and affordable. The individual contributors are the strong suit of the company with many failures in management. Some of the best industry knowledge there is and I believe they stand behind their products well and are willing to invest the technology into making things better where so many employers shirk on costs for improving technology these days. Employees gain create strong bonds with each other

Cons

An ' old boys club'-- company needs to act fairly and offer a voice to the employee. Awful communication, experience as an employee and a customer and on both ends, SunGard has a ton to learn. Often encourages you to add hours and is only considered with the bottom line bill to their clients to make money, not the overall value or need. If you were not maximizing your billable hours you were of less value to the company, even if you had to 'pad' the hours in favor of SunGard. Company is somewhat discriminatory and does not have a very big heart.

Advice to Management

None

Probably the worst place I have ever worked

Former Employee - Project Manager in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Newark, NJ

I worked at SunGard

Pros

Had the ability to travel internationally to other offices, so I gota few fully paid trips out of them. Some of the people are down to Earth, but the Management fosters a back-stabbing political climate. Very easy hours: 9-5 at the worst.

Cons

Worst Management I have ever seen. A complete lack of concern for the customer. Poor and antiquated technology. Zero opportunity for advancement. Extremely poor compensation and benefits. There was no communication from management about anything. You had to rely on the rumor mill to learn anything. Lousy office environment since they were too cheap to invest in anything.

Advice to Management

These people are so far beyond help.