SunGard

Run, don't walk.

Former Employee - Manager in Lake Mary, FL
Former Employee - Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at SunGard

Pros

Well, after thinking of something positive to say about Sungard, I can confidentially say that the paychecks were always deposited on time.

Cons

Low pay, poor benefits, lackluster support from senior management. I can go on.

Start over from scratch.

285 Other Employee Reviews for SunGard (View Most Recent)

Hard work for low pay

Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at SunGard

Pros

It is a large and diverse company with many opportunities. Depending on the division, the work can be very challenging and rewarding. It will almost always be a good resume builder.

Cons

The company was taken private in an LBO in 2005. Since then they have struggled with debt repayment and finances are very tight. No matter how much money the company makes, it isn't enough. Employees will be given small raises, little to no bonuses, and told to keep all expenses to a minimum.

Your employees are not as dumb and naive as you think they are.

Balancing Act.....

Former Employee - Consulting in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consulting in New York, NY

I worked at SunGard

Pros

We work within an exciting, cutting edge industry. Good benefits package, small BU. Relaxed environment. We have some very smart people within organization. Learning a blend of finance/accounting plus technology is helpful and never gets boring

Cons

Senior management does not communicte effectively. Promotions are made by seniority, not ability. No Accountability within organization, no standard operating platform. Poor leadership; managers do not set positive example for employees to follow. Morale is low due to inconsistent recognition of performance. Learning on the job can be improved by senior employees teaching others.

Be consistent in your actions/communications. Recognize people who work hard and put have their heart, head and hands on the line for the company.

There are newer employer reviews for SunGard