SunGard
www.sungard.com Wayne, PA 5000+ Employees

Not what it once was

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I have been working at SunGard full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery flexible work environment with relatively low workload stress. A lot of freedom in day-to-day work. Still staffed by good people at the ground level.

ConsWork environment has slipped since the last re-org (from groups by product to groups by function). Some groups are mired in contention over which group is really in charge. Products that aren't growing aren't providing growth opportunities for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRefocus on the fundamentals - find problems customers will pay us to solve and solve them.

Living in the past, running the company on a shoestring with a dis-functional leadership team.

Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at SunGard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There are no pros to working here... Cons: Low salaries, no opportunity for advancement, poorly developed software solutions, management team… Advice to Senior Management: Open your eyes. When you speak of operating under the guise of best practices, you need to realize that employees that have been in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not great but getting better

IT Manager (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I have been working at SunGard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great benefits - generous vacation policy. They seem to have finally heard… Cons: Low wages and no raises. No opportunities for upward movement. … Advice to Senior Management: Quit reorganizing; Focus on Customer Service and new products. Stop nickel and diming. How… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SunGard.

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunGard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SunGard CEO Russell P. (Russ) Fradin. All reviews posted anonymously by SunGard employees.