Could stand improvement

Current Employee - Product Architect in Pune (India)
Current Employee - Product Architect in Pune (India)

I have been working at SunGard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Immediate team is smart and a pleasure to work with

Cons

Lack of focus. Runs as a bureaucracy e.g. IT Dept has shut down R & D initiatives because the platforms needed were not already on approved list , and so were many of the needed components in the tool chain.

Other Employee Reviews for SunGard

1. One of the best company to work

Pros

Flexible timings good work life balance location wise good - center of the city no pressure and they trust employees

Cons

career growth is not so great, same kind of projects

2. Great Learning Opportunities. Pathetic Management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I worked at SunGard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Learning Opportunities: New technologies and domain. Global Working Environment: Get to work with people from all over the world. Onsite Opportunities: In my short stay I got two onsite opportunities.

Cons

I am referring SunGard Global Services (SGS) here. Pathetic Management: They have no clue whatsoever. Probably, the worst ever company when it comes to management. The Management at FRONT ARENA, Director included, is the most pathetic of the lot. Biased Promotions: All the Managers are keen to promote their pets and treat others like dirt. All this happens shamelessly. Sorry sir, your experience or seniority doesn't matter to them. Get ready to face heavy duty politics day in and day out. Poor Health Insurance Benefits: I have worked at many companies but Sungard takes the cake when it comes to the least amount of health insurance an employee can avail. Team Parties: Without any exaggeration, quarterly parties were given in the most shady restaurants or hotels in Pune where no can venture. Where I came from, we were always treated to top-class places.

Advice to Management

High time you looked into some performances of a few employees within FRONT ARENA. Especially, the Director, his pets and all the pets' pet. They shamelessly promote each other.