SunGard
www.sungard.com Wayne, PA 5000+ Employees

Has potential, but typically

Monitoring Technician (Current Employee)
Thornton, CO

ProsPlenty of different technology to learn. Schedule gives plenty of days off.

ConsNo leadership qualities in management. No accountability. Projects are rarely fully thought through. A lot of micromanagement, does not promote a culture of creative thinking unless in a clique.

Very few written processes or impossible to find if they have been written. Feedback on how the process is working is not asked from the people that are required to follow it.

Lower Management promotes Favoritism.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote cross-pollination of information between different departments. Change the mindset of pushing back tickets to the original assigning group to moving the ticket forward. It's all of our jobs to help the customer.

High Pressure High Stress Environment

Network Engineer (Former Employee)
    Thornton, CO

I worked at SunGard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Loved my colleagues, many exceptional engineers. Cons: Lower management is petty and plays favorites while upper managements only concern is to make sure that the Blackstone group gets it's cut. Soul crushing… Advice to Senior Management: Spend the money to bring in the right tools and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Consultant

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

I have been working at SunGard full-time for less than a year

Pros: good jumping board to move up Cons: horrible management, no career advancement Advice to Senior Management: be smart about people management No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SunGard.

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunGard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SunGard CEO Russell P. (Russ) Fradin. All reviews posted anonymously by SunGard employees.