SunGard

www.sungard.com

Has potential, but typically

Monitoring Technician (Current Employee) Thornton, CO

ProsPlenty of different technology to learn. Schedule gives plenty of days off.

ConsNo leadership qualities in management. No accountability. Projects are rarely fully thought through. A lot of micromanagement, does not promote a culture of creative thinking unless in a clique.

Very few written processes or impossible to find if they have been written. Feedback on how the process is working is not asked from the people that are required to follow it.

Lower Management promotes Favoritism.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote cross-pollination of information between different departments. Change the mindset of pushing back tickets to the original assigning group to moving the ticket forward. It's all of our jobs to help the customer.

If you consider yourself a professional in your field, stay away.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SunGard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Coworkers were great. Clients were terrific to work with and… Cons: Management is the worst I've ever seen, from mid level to the business unit VPs. They have no experience in solving problems, very poor… Advice to Senior Management: Real change and progress won't occur until significant management changes are made. Middle managers need to be evaluated on their ability to retain employees as… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

High Pressure High Stress Environment

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Thornton, CO

I worked at SunGard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Loved my colleagues, many exceptional engineers. Cons: Lower management is petty and plays favorites while upper managements only concern is to make sure that the Blackstone group gets it's cut. Soul crushing… Advice to Senior Management: Spend the money to bring in the right tools and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SunGard.

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!