SunGard
www.sungard.com Wayne, PA 5000+ Employees

If you consider yourself a professional in your field, stay away.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SunGard full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCoworkers were great. Clients were terrific to work with and provided interesting business challenges.

ConsManagement is the worst I've ever seen, from mid level to the business unit VPs. They have no experience in solving problems, very poor negotiation skills and deplorable people skills. Managers are petty and childish. There is too much micromanagement which squashes creativity and innovation. Promotions are based on 'old boy' cliques and friendships. Actual skill, experience and results are not part of the equation. Turnover of skilled employees is high, while employees with lesser skill and experience remain and are expected to solve complex problems with no direction from management or documented processes to reference.

Advice to Senior ManagementReal change and progress won't occur until significant management changes are made. Middle managers need to be evaluated on their ability to retain employees as well as providing direction, processes and procedures for their teams. If a manager cannot meet these kind of minimal standards,, they should not be in the position. Stop promoting your friends.

Has potential, but typically

Monitoring Technician (Current Employee)
Thornton, CO

I have been working at SunGard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Plenty of different technology to learn. Schedule gives plenty of… Cons: No leadership qualities in management. No accountability. Projects are rarely fully thought through. A lot of micromanagement, does not promote a culture of creative thinking… Advice to Senior Management: Promote cross-pollination of information between different departments. Change the mindset of pushing back tickets to the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

High Pressure High Stress Environment

Network Engineer (Former Employee)
Thornton, CO

I worked at SunGard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Loved my colleagues, many exceptional engineers. Cons: Lower management is petty and plays favorites while upper managements only concern is to make sure that the Blackstone group gets it's cut. Soul crushing… Advice to Senior Management: Spend the money to bring in the right tools and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SunGard.

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunGard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SunGard CEO Russell P. (Russ) Fradin. All reviews posted anonymously by SunGard employees.