There are newer employer reviews for SunGard

OK place - not totally honest in interviews so beware

I have been working at SunGard full-time for less than a year

Pros

People - very smart and mostly helpful. Lots of modern tools.

Cons

Work life balance is terrible. It's OK - not to be working as long as your phone and laptop are handy. Expectation is that your life if now dedicated to the customer - not just you work day.

Don't burn people out. Spend the money to get enough help.

266 Other Employee Reviews for SunGard (View Most Recent)

First few years were the best. But after changes in upper management, things went south.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst

I worked at SunGard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The best parts of my experience was, 1) my co-workers and 2) the contact with our clients and the praise we were given by them for the great customer service our department provided.

Cons

SunGard has a bad habit of cutting staff at quarter end to meet their budget and if you are not on the ark then watch out the waters get choppy.
    A lot of smoke and mirrors with SunGard management.

They should keep the promises they make and really listen to their people on front lines and not the middle managers (and some upper managers) who are out to save themselves and their personal minions.

My experience at SunGard was short but too much reorganization led to layoffs

Former Employee - Technology Consultant  in  Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Lombard, IL

I worked at SunGard full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people were talented and skilled in their positions and eager to share their expertise and bringing a new employee up to speed. The technology was mostly up to date and properly managed.

Cons

Upper management was unsure of what direction the company was headed, too many divisions (the result of mergers and acquisitions) made movement in the company difficult.

Reorganize the company based on industry sectors, merge and sell-off the unprofitable divisions and concentrate the remaining resources on the profitable areas.

There are newer employer reviews for SunGard

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!