SunGard

www.sungard.com

Fragmented consulting practice

Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe unit I worked in had lots of bright people who cared a lot about their work- but started to slide downhill soon after I joined. People were more than willing to lend a hand and teach, and quite fun to be around.

ConsAttrition was significant during the time I was there. People (including myself) left for greener pastures, on the whole, so I've got to think that the Sungard experience was solid as a stepping stone.

The company, during my time there and as far as I could see, was an amalgam of separate, small business units who didn't communicate much even though they worked on similar things.

Advice to Senior ManagementPaying below-market wage contributed to attrition, as did a promotion/bonus system that was not transparent. Since I've left, I think progress has been made in the business unit I was with towards working with other parts of the firm.

Unethical and Incompetent Management at SIMS

Project Manager (Former Employee) Lombard, IL

I worked at SunGard

Pros: A handful of quality employees remain. They were somehow sucked in and are disillusioned enough to stay in an effort to… Cons: Management across the board are unbelievably incompetent. They have zero software industry knowledge and it shows in every breath they take. They bank… Advice to Senior Management: Please resign and move on to something, anything you may be good at in another industry. Clients would leave in droves if they knew… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Need to focus...

I have been working at SunGard

Pros: Energetic, fast paced environment. Some truly gifted team members, not… Cons: Corporate inability to focus on strategic projects or initiatives. Lots of division and… Advice to Senior Management: First, establish a GAM for ALL clients, regardless of annual maintenance and licensing, since most clients own products from mulitples units, if not multiple divisions… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SunGard.

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!