SunGard

www.sungard.com

Once great, now slowly sinking.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

Proswages can be competitive and there's a good chance you'll run into some excellent people all throughout the organization that are great at their job and excellent to work with. They do attract some good talent.

ConsAnnual reorgs for no apparent reason. unless you're upper management or sales you won't be raking in big bonuses and perks but they are there. Massive drive to move everything possible to Florida, but again unless you're high enough up relocation help isn't available. Layoffs/downsizing/rightsizing seem to be happening more and more frequently with a big push to get and stay very lean. Work Life balance has become non-existant for many, depending on your role/department. Benefits get worse and worse each year.

Advice to Senior Managementthe company is TOO lean, with many co-workers working 6 days a week just to keep up, with no compensation for doing so. Forcing older workers out in favor of hiring someone with no experience for less in FL is seriously draining the knowledge base of Sungard's products and it is being reflected in the increasingly unhappy customer base.

Unfocused in the market, uncommunicative to employees

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at SunGard full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good work/life balance Excellent and competent peer co-workers Decent benefits Cons: Unfocused product strategy; the company can't seem to decide between building or buying, which confuses the market as… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate to your employees what is expected of them and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The company is just okay to work with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SunGard full-time

Pros: The company is just okay to work with Cons: Please do not join Iworks BU and in SunGard layoffs… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SunGard.

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!