There are newer employer reviews for SunGard

A company in transition

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Vice President in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at SunGard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

SunGard offers good benefits, and has some great people working there, many who are devoted to their customers.

Cons

Since the LBO, the organizational structure has been transitioning from a business unit centered structure (or silos) to a far more inefficient functional organizational structure. This causes senior management to have to know and understand the operations of many business units, their needs, and their customer base. This is a failing proposition. The organization is also embracing off-shoring, an exercise that is doomed to fail in the long term, and which can only hurt the company as foreign employees leave SunGard to pursue better paying jobs, taking with them the expertise necessary to maintain operations.

Put control of your business units back with the folks that know and understand the products. Senior management cannot know, nor understand, the breadth of business that they are being asked to, and as such, the business units suffer.

266 Other Employee Reviews for SunGard (View Most Recent)

Treated a 24/ 7 job like a 9 to 5. No incentives. Poor managment.

Current Employee - Mid Range Specialist II  in  Carlstadt, NJ
    Current Employee - Mid Range Specialist II in Carlstadt, NJ

I have been working at SunGard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some of the folks that work at Sungard are enjoyable to work with. The hours when employed were nice and convenient.

Cons

The Management is absolutely heartless. When Sungard acquired Comdisco, they of course promised the world. They decided to fire people the week before christmas. Made a comment to my manager which he didn't like. F' him. I hate this place.

Retire

SunGard

I have been working at SunGard

Pros

The benefits at SunGard are good.

Cons

The management at SunGard (at least in my business unit) makes terrible decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for SunGard

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!